Overview: Innovative Long-Term Care Pharmacy
As a locally managed, full-service long-term care pharmacy, Guardian Pharmacy of Missouri provides pharmaceutical and clinical expertise to post-acute care, skilled nursing and assisted living communities. We offer the personal service you would expect from your neighborhood pharmacy along with the strength and resources of a national pharmacy organization through our partnership with Guardian Pharmacy, LLC.
As long-term care experts with more than 30 years of experience, we take pride in being knowledge leaders in the industry. We are committed to personal, high-touch service designed to increase efficiency, improve resident safety, and provide positive results for the residents we serve and our nurse and facility partners.
WHAT CAN COMMUNITIES EXPECT?
Innovative Delivery and Packaging Saves Time and Money
- Resident-specific 24 hour supplies of routine medications are delivered automatically each day, eliminating the financial and environmental waste associated with medication changes
- Medications are packaged by time of administration and in the order they are administered to the resident, saving up to one minute per resident per med pass
eMAR/EHR Integration Reduces Time
Guardian integrates with all of the leading electronic health record (EHR) applications in order to reduce the time required to:
- Send a new medication order to the pharmacy
- Request a refill from the pharmacy
- Administer medication
Improved Resident Safety
Technology reduces the risk of pharmacy dispensing and medication administration errors
- Medications are packaged using robotic automation
- Nursing dose omission errors are minimized as medications are packaged in the order of administration
- Medication orders are verified using photo and barcode verification
- Integration with EHR applications reduce order transcription errors and lost orders due to real time transmission from facility to pharmacy
- Real time physician order reconciliation
We will improve your facility profitability by:
- Reducing financial waste up to 15 percent from discontinued medications
- Billing for only the medications that are consumed
- Split billing resident accounts when a payor change occurs
- Providing prior authorization and non-covered medication support
- Offering an online web portal for pre-admission medication cost quotes
- Developing a facility specific formulary of cost-effective medications
- Decreasing labor associated with passing, reordering, and returning of medications, as well as end of month medical record reviews
We will improve resident care by:
- Decreasing medication errors through the use of innovative packaging
- Providing eMAR software or integrating with existing EHR software
- Offering industry leading expert geriatric pharmacist consulting
- Clinical medication regimen reviews
- QAPI participation
- Antibiotic stewardship leadership
- Medication room and cart quality assurance audits
- Hosting on-site educational courses for caregivers
- Clinical education in-services
- Medication administration and documentation
- Offering StatSAFE on site pharmacy for emergent medication administration
- 200 + medications and IVs available
- Providing 24/7 pharmacy availability and delivery
WHAT CAN RESIDENTS AND FAMILIES EXPECT?
Medications delivered on time, in the right dosage, to the right person, 24/7/365
With Guardian Missouri, you can rest assured that your loved ones will always have the medications that they need, when they need them – 24/7/365 days a year.
- Delivery – We provide regular, scheduled deliveries and emergency deliveries in case of urgent needs so there is no need to coordinate with a retail pharmacy.
- Availability – Our well‐documented filling processes ensure consistent inventory availability, eliminating the middle-of- the-night trip to the pharmacy for a family member.
- Compliance packaging – All medications are packaged with administrative documentation to assure accuracy and resident safety. Caregivers can easily administer these medications with less risk for errors.
- Technology – We use state-of-the-art technology to help eliminate medication errors and streamline communication between the pharmacy and the community.
Licensed Consulting Pharmacists who conduct medication reviews to increase patient safety and reduce cost
The average resident takes up to 10 prescription medications a day, often prescribed by several different physicians. Guardian Missouri minimizes the risk of adverse reactions and ensures that only necessary medications are taken. Resident medication regimens are reviewed frequently to monitor for:
- Compatibility of the drugs
- The appropriateness of medications chosen
- Formulary compliance
This single view of every resident’s drug regimen adds an extra measure of safety and reduces cost by identifying redundancy.
Medicare Med‐D coverage guidance, education and management
- Eliminate confusion – We recognize the complexities of Medicare Part D, and we are here to assist you in helping determine which plan offers the broadest coverage to suit your needs. We accept all plans and advocate for residents when dealing with Medicare Part D issues.
- Donut Hole management – The “Donut Hole” is the period of time each year when the individual, having spent a certain amount on prescriptions, loses all coverage and must pay everything out‐of-pocket until a second, higher expense threshold is reached. We understand the challenges associated with increased costs during this period and identify formulary alternatives when available. In addition, we keep track of participant drug expenses and liabilities.
The Guardian Promise to Residents and Families
At Guardian Missouri, we add unmatched value for residents and their families. We are dedicated to responsive care and service. Our goal is simple – to enable caregivers to focus on exceptional customer care for residents.